“He helped me a lot” – Trippier wants to play for career-saving Dyche again

Tottenham full-back Kieran Trippier reveals he would consider playing for Burnley again after Sean Dyche ‘sorted out’ his career.

The England international was considered one of the best players in his position after the 2018 World Cup, but Trippier believes Dyche deserves a lot of credit for how his career has panned out.

Could Trippier play for Burnley again? Five key things you should know…

  1. Kieran Trippier began his career with Manchester City and joined Burnley in 2012 after a spell on loan.
  2. The full-back admitted to not looking after himself during his early career but was put on the right path while working under Sean Dyche at the Clarets.
  3. Trippier has admitted he enjoyed his time at Burnley with Dyche helping him become a better player and professional.
  4. The Englishman moved to Tottenham in 2015 where he has developed into a top class, international full-back.
  5. And Trippier has revealed he speaks to Sean Dyche regularly and did not rule out a reunion.

The man dubbed the ‘Bury Beckham’ signed a new deal with Spurs in 2017 which runs until the summer of 2022, but Trippier admitted he owes a lot to the current Burnley boss after being put on the straight and narrow during an enjoyable spell at the club between 2011 and 2015.

It was at the Lancashire club where he first came to prominence earning a move to Spurs for £3.5m in 2015 after winning the Burnley Player of the Year award in 2011/12.

Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel: sqwk.at/Squawka-Sub

The 28-year-old has continued to make great strides since joining Spurs under the guidance of Mauricio Pochettino but is also grateful for the impact Dyche has had on his career.

“He helped me a lot,” Trippier told the Burnley Express. “I was still going out when I was younger – drinking – and I wasn’t looking after myself properly. He came in and sorted it all out.

“The gaffer was a quality manager to play for; he taught me how to become a better defender as well as a better attacker.

“We were close when I was at Burnley and I would love to play for him again one day. We usually talk once every two weeks, just to keep each other updated on things. We’ve always stayed in contact, we’ve always had that kind of relationship. We’ve probably become even closer since I left.

“We just have that understanding, I think everybody that plays for him does. Hopefully one day it will happen; never say never.”

Tottenham travel to Turf Moor this weekend as Trippier prepares to go up against his old team, with the full-back’s career having come a long way since leaving Burnley.

But the full-back hasn’t forgotten his time in Lancashire and admits there is still a chance he could return to play for the club again one day.

“My career has totally changed,” he added. “Burnley helped me get to where I am and I’ll never forget that. I’ll always be thankful to them. It would be nice to think that I could play for Burnley [again] one day

“I still look out for them, of course I do. I experienced so much there, getting promoted and almost staying up. It’s always nice to go back to Turf Moor. That’s where it all began for me. But we need to get the win.”

Are Tottenham still in the title race?

Tottenham remain in the title race but, realistically, must beat Burnley if they are to stay hanging onto the coat tails of Liverpool and Manchester City who sit five points ahead of them in the table.

Spurs have done well to stay within touching distance of the top two despite having injuries to key players Harry Kane and Dele Alli, the latter of which will definitely be out for the trip to Turf Moor on Saturday.

This weekend could see them close the gap to just two points with City not playing and Liverpool facing a difficult trip to a resurgent Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The post “He helped me a lot” – Trippier wants to play for career-saving Dyche again appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka News https://ift.tt/2U2I4Wd

No comments:

Post a Comment