Man Utd are on Romero’s list of “dream” clubs if Juventus move falls through

Genoa defender Cristian Romero has said he would happily join Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona if a move to Juventus falls through.

Romero is reportedly set to sign for Juventus this summer but the centre-back is unsure if the deal will go through, opening up the possibility of a move to England or Spain instead.

Do Man United need Romero? Five key things to know…

  1. Romero has been one of the standout centre-backs in Serie A this season, leading to inevitable interest from Juventus.
  2. Jose Mourinho heavily rotated his centre-backs before being sacked, but Solskjaer appears to have settled on a pairing of Chris Smalling and Victor Lindelof.
  3. Smalling and Lindelof have started each of the last three matches together, while Phil Jones signed a new contract recently.
  4. Eric Bailly has been linked with Arsenal and could leave if his playing time doesn’t improve before the summer.
  5. United would need a replacement but may be wary of Romero’s indiscipline; he has received seven yellow cards and a red in 16 Serie A appearances this term.

With a transfer to Juventus far from complete at this stage, Romero has mooted the possibility of moving to the Premier League or La Liga.

And the Argentinian has named the four clubs he considered the “most important” in world football.

“I’ve always wanted to become a professional football player and I’ve made it happen,” Romero told Corriere dello Sport.

“Now I dream of playing in the Champions League for one of the four most important clubs in the world: Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United.

“After that, I want to be part of the Argentine national team, even if I know it’s difficult because there’s [Nicolas] Otamendi, one of the best in the world.

“Have Juve already secured me? I don’t know. I don’t deal with the market and my first thought is Genoa.

“There’s still so many matches remaining and I want to keep playing like I am. After that, I’ll talk to the directors and my agent.”

Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel: sqwk.at/Squawka-Sub

Ronaldo not my most difficult opponent – Romero

Romero made his Genoa debut earlier this season against Juventus following his move from Argentine club, Belgrano.

The 20-year-old helped his side earn a 1-1 draw at the Allianz Stadium and admits he has received plenty of questions about what it was like to face Cristiano Ronaldo.

He added: “So many people have asked me this question but I have a quiet character and, when I play, I don’t think about who I have in front of me.

“Ronaldo’s one of the best in the world, [Paulo] Dybala is also very good and Juventus is a great team, but I’m only focused on giving my best.

“[Torino striker Andrea] Belotti is the one who has bothered me the most: he moves a lot and is strong physically.”

The post Man Utd are on Romero’s list of “dream” clubs if Juventus move falls through appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka News https://ift.tt/2NB8OLk

No comments:

Post a Comment