Mohamed Salah picks his favourite Liverpool chant

Liverpool superstar Mohamed Salah has revealed which chant sung by the Reds supporters is his favourite. 

Since his move back to England last summer to join Jurgen Klopp’s project on Merseyside, Salah has enriched and endeared himself to the Liverpool cult as one of the best attackers in the world.

Naturally, the affiliation between Salah and the Reds supporters is a good one, with Anfield regularly singing out his name as he provides his entertainment on the football pitch.

Speaking via the official Liverpool website, Salah has now revealed which chant is his favourite to hear reverberating around the grounds.

Salah said: “The fans have many songs for me, not just one!

“The one I like the most is the ‘Egyptian King’ one, though. After 10 or 15 games, I first heard it… I felt amazing. Honestly, the fans singing my name filled me with emotion and when I heard it during the game, it filled me with adrenaline… wow.

“I had only been here two or three months, yet they already had a special song for me. It’s still the same for me even now when I hear it. I will always remember the day the crowd sang my name when I received the Golden Boot after the Brighton game last season.”

Salah also touched on how Liverpool have firmly embraced his family into the fold, noting how the crowd reacted to his daughter’s appearance on the Anfield pitch last season.

“It was very, very special… but I think I felt more support for my daughter than me when she ran onto the pitch! In fact, it is the only time the fans have ever booed me when I took the ball off her!

“When my daughter went onto the pitch and I could feel how much love the fans were showing her, it was such a special moment for me and my family.

“It was a great day, I was very happy to feel the love after an unbelievable season – and to win the Golden Boot ahead of great players made me very happy.

Salah will be on the pitch once more as Liverpool travel to England’s capital to face in-form Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday evening, looking to extend the Reds’ unbeaten start to the Premier League season.

The post Mohamed Salah picks his favourite Liverpool chant appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2DhTIYz

No comments:

Post a Comment