AC Milan urged to re-sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic

AC Milan legend Demetrio Albertini believes the club should consider re-signing former talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic.  

The veteran marksman is currently plying his trade in the MLS with LA Galaxy but has been linked with a move back to the Rossoneri, where he enjoyed two highly successful seasons between 2010 and 2012.

Ibrahimovic’s stint in the red half of Milan. Five key things to know… 

  1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined Milan, initially on a season-long loan, from Barcelona in 2010.
  2. His maiden campaign saw him net 21 goals in 41 appearances as Milan clinched the Serie A title.
  3. This prompted Milan to sign him on a permanent basis in the summer of 2011 and he scored 35 goals the following season.
  4. The Swede was named in the Serie A Team of the Year for both seasons he was at the San Siro.
  5. He also received the highly-coveted Capocannoniere – for highest Serie A scorer – in 2012.

Super-agent Mino Raiola recently opened the door on a return to Milan for his client, stating, “Zlatan had wonderful moments at Milan and left a piece of his heart in Milano.”

As such, former Milan midfielder Albertini has now urged the club to bring the 37-year-old back to the San Siro despite LA Galaxy’s reluctance to part ways with the star.

“I’d always want him in my team,” Albertini said when asked about the prospect outside the ceremony to announce the Gran Gala del Calcio nominees (via Football Italia).

“There’s the cost that it can be difficult to manage things, but he gives you different solutions are a player and personality.”

‘I never wanted to join PSG’

Ibrahimovic recently revealed that had he never intended part company from AC Milan having endeared himself to the Rossoneri faithful, but a lucrative offer from the Parisians in 2012 swayed the Swede’s judgement.

The marksman enjoyed four glittering years with Paris Saint-Germain, scoring 156 goals in 180 matches, but his Parc des Princes adventure may never have come to fruition were it not for the unwavering negotiating skills of Raiola.

In his autobiography, Zlatan wrote: “One day I found five calls missed by Mino (Raiola) We heard and he told me: ‘OK, Leonardo will call.’ I thought: ‘Leonardo?’ Then I understood: ‘Leonardo, sporting director of the PSG.’ Then I said, ‘Listen, I will not answer, Galliani has confirmed to me that they will not sell me.’ But Mino told me: ‘Yes, I know.’

“When I spoke with Mino, I told him that we should make it difficult for PSG, that we would tell them that he wanted to keep the same salary as in Milan, I wanted to get them to say something like ‘you are exaggerating, it is enough.’

“Then I told Mino to add a bunch of things and I listed them one after the other. When we left, I told Helena, my woman, that they would never accept. There was no chance, but in just twenty minutes Mino called me back and what he said was, ‘You have everything you asked.'”

The post AC Milan urged to re-sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2FA96BK

No comments:

Post a Comment