James Rodriguez: I will leave Bayern if I have to

James Rodriguez has admitted that his Bayern Munich future may be out of his hands, with his two-year loan spell ending at the end of this season.

The Colombian international moved to Real Madrid in 2014 for a reported £63m after winning the Golden Boot at the 2014 World Cup.

However, Rodriguez struggled to fully impose himself across three seasons with Los Blancos, leading to a two-year loan move to German giants Bayern Munich.

The 27-year-old has bagged 11 goals in 50 games for the Bavarians so far, but has struggled for a regular starting spot under Niko Kovac this season and has admitted he may not be able to stay at the club beyond this term.

Speaking at a Bayern supporters club visit (via AS), Rodriguez said: “The situation is, of course, completely different compared to last year. With the new coaching team, I am not playing that much anymore.

“I can not make any promises. If I have to go because I am not playing, then I’ll go. I would like to stay, because I feel the love of the fans, both here and within the whole Bayern family.”

Despite winning the last six German titles, Bayern are struggling for form in the Bundesliga this season and are currently nine points behind leaders Borussia Dortmund, who beat Bayern 3-2 earlier in the season.

Kovac’s side face Nurnberg at the Allianz Arena on Saturday.

The post James Rodriguez: I will leave Bayern if I have to appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2PlHj7D

No comments:

Post a Comment