Cult striker Adriano would have formed "wonderful" duo with Chelsea target

Former Inter Milan striker Adriano says ‘pure instinct’ was the reason behind his ferocious left foot.

The Brazilian’s second spell at Inter turned him into a cult figure across Europe and was by far the most successful of his career, scoring 68 goals during a 107-game run before ‘personal problems’ started derailing his career.

Adriano’s legendary left foot: Five key things to know…

  1. Adriano’s most prolific spell came at Inter Milan between 2004 and 2006.
  2. The Brazilian scored 68 goals in 107 games for the club during this run before ‘personal problems’ curtailed his career.
  3. His left foot became a potent weapon on the ‘Pro Evolution Soccer’ video game series, with the Brazilian boasting 99 shot power.
  4. The 36-year-old says his ability to hit the ball so hard was ‘pure instinct’.
  5. Adriano retired in 2016 but reckons he and current Inter striker Mauro Icardi would have made a ‘wonderful pairing’.

And the 36-year-old has now revealed the secret behind his famed left foot, something that became a weapon of choice for many players of the ‘Pro Evolution Soccer’ video game series.

“I was born that way, it was like that from an early age,” Adriano explained.

“My friends told me to kick it more softly but it was pure instinct. I could never hit it softly, always and only hard.”

The former Brazil international also recalled his feelings when he first stepped into the San Siro dressing room, as well as telling of how helpful Ronaldo and Javier Zanetti were during his time in Milan.

“I couldn’t believe it when I first came to Italy, with Inter,” he added. “I remember just looking at everyone in the dressing room, from [Clarence] Seedorf to [Marco] Materazzi.

“I also remember that Ronaldo welcomed me really well, even into his home. I lived in a hotel and he asked if I wanted to move in with him. It was beautiful.

“In sporting terms, I experienced and incredible dressing room, and in terms of life [Javier] Zanetti was an example.

“He was always beside me, especially when my father died, and President [Massimo] Moratti also helped me a lot, he was like a second father.”

Adriano and Icardi would make a ‘wonderful pairing’

Adriano continued by lavishing praise on Inter’s current captain and star striker, Mauro Icardi, saying the two forwards would have made a ‘wonderful pairing’.

He said: “Icardi is a great player and still very young. He and I would be a wonderful pairing on the pitch.”

Icardi has been in fine form for Inter this season, scoring 13 goals in 20 games, but his future at the club is anything but certain, with recent reports linking him with a move to Chelsea.

Maurizio Sarri is looking to bolster his striking options, with Oliver Giroud and Alvaro Morata only managing six Premier League goals between them so far this season.

The post PES hero Adriano reveals the secret behind that left foot appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2Ak7nLA

No comments:

Post a Comment