Newcastle's official Twitter account just suddenly took a swipe at one of their former managers

Newcastle United’s official Twitter account lashes out at former manager Alan Pardew while celebrating Paul Dummett’s 100th Premier League appearance.

Dummett has the most appearances among Newcastle’s current first-team roster with 189 in total and the Newcastle born left-back made his 100th appearance in the Premier League on Saturday during his side’s 1-1 draw at Vicarage Road.

Dummet was not rated so highly by former boss Pardew who told the defender he would never make the grade in Newcastle’s senior squad.

During the early hours on Monday morning Newcastle tweeted to congratulate the 26-year-old and did not miss the opportunity to rub Dummett’s milestone in Pardew’s face:

“As a 21-year-old Paul Dummet was told by Alan Pardew that he’d never play in the top flight for Newcastle United,” the club wrote on Twitter. “On Saturday he made his 100th Premier League appearance for the club he’s supported all his life. Congratulations, Paul!”

Dummett, speaking during an in-depth interview with the official NUFC matchday programme, in January 2018 spoke about the challenges he’s faced and how he worked hard to prove Pardew wrong: “I’ve had plenty of setbacks in my career with injuries, or with people saying: ‘You’re not good enough’.

“You get sent on loan and when you do, you have to prove yourself, and that’s what I did when I was younger.

“I got told I wouldn’t be good enough to play in the Premier League, or good enough to play in a certain manager’s [Pardew’s] team. You’ve got to overcome that, have self-belief and believe that you’re good enough.”

Dummet added: “When I got told I wasn’t good enough, I just said it was up to me to prove him wrong. As soon as I said that, he knew I had the right attitude because he said: ‘That’s the attitude I want to see from my players’.

“I’ve always had a good attitude with wanting to learn and wanting to get better, and that’s probably why I’m still playing for Newcastle now.”

Newcastle fans react to their clubs tweet

They seemed to enjoy the dig a Pardew

But not everyone agreed

The post Newcastle’s official Twitter account takes swipe at Alan Pardew with Paul Dummett post appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2EUOORv

No comments:

Post a Comment