Liverpool outcast hurt by Jurgen Klopp’s treatment amid ongoing contract talks

Liverpool full-back Alberto Moreno believes he has been unfairly treated by manager Jurgen Klopp and will look to move in the summer.

The Spaniard has been unable to get into the side this season following injury and has only made two Premier League appearances this campaign.

Is Alberto Moreno on his way out of Liverpool? Five things you should know…

  1. Moreno joined Liverpool in 2014 from Sevilla for a £12m fee.
  2. He made 28 appearances in the top flight during his first season followed by 32 during the 2015-16 campaign.
  3. The full-back picked up an injury last season allowing Andy Robertson to take his place.
  4. Klopp has preferred Robertson ever since with Moreno only making 30 appearances in the top flight since the start of 2016-17.
  5. Moreno feels he hasn’t been treated fairly by Klopp and is expecting to leave.

The defender has been public in his criticism of manager Jurgen Klopp after being overlooked for most of this season.

Even though Liverpool have played some of the best football since the German manager arrived at Anfield, the Spaniard feels he should have been treated better following his injury.

 “I do not feel good, that is the truth,” Moreno told Cadena Ser, as reported by football-espana.

“I hurt myself giving everything for this team and I think that when I came back from injury, I deserved an opportunity.

“The situation is normal for a lot of players but simply I did not like the way he (Jurgen Klopp) has treated me, you can say that.

“Moving back to Spain is something I have thought about, I am tired of the cold here but I do not know about interests from other clubs.

“I am in my fifth year here, there is no agreement on a renewal and in January I am free to listen to any offer.”

Liverpool’s defensive numbers this season

In the first 19 games of last season, Liverpool lost twice, drew eight and conceded 23 times as the team never really challenged for top spot at any point.

This season the difference is palpable. The Reds, now featuring Virgil van Dijk and Alisson, have the best defence in the Premier League conceding just seven goals so far.

They have also kept a remarkable 12 clean-sheets during that time; an impressive 63% of all games played.

The Reds are currently unbeaten and thanks to Manchester City’s defeat at home to Leicester on Boxing Day, sit six points clear of second-placed Tottenham heading into the final game of 2018, a home match-up with Arsenal.

The post Alberto Moreno feels unfairly treated by Jürgen Klopp appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2GVmscz

No comments:

Post a Comment