PSG teenager announces plans for January loan

Paris Saint-Germain forward Timothy Weah has confirmed his intention to goa on loan in January in search of more game time. 

Weah, 18, is the son of ex-footballer, Ballon d’Or winner and president of Liberia George Weah, and has only made six first-team appearances for the Parisians.

Where does Timothy Weah’s immediate future lie? Five things to know…

  1. Weah moved to PSG’s academy in 2014 from New York Red Bulls.
  2. The 18-year-old made his first-team debut in March 2018, before getting his first start in May.
  3. Weah has made a further three appearances this season but has not featured since August.
  4. And the youngster has now confirmed he will be looking to leave the club on loan in January with Celtic one of the favourites.
  5. Weah has scored two goals in three games this season for Paris Saint-Germain.

The USA international announced his intention to leave in a lengthy post his Instagram account. He also thanked his friends and family as well as blessing his followers.

“I just want to take the time to talk to everyone about the decision my family and I made about going on loan this winter,” Weah wrote.

“First of all, I want to thank the fans for their constant support, as well as the coaching staff and my team-mates for making me feel part of the family. These few months were great even though I did not play much, I was always grateful for the opportunities I had at the beginning of the season because it opened many doors for me this winter.

“I love you and I know you will go to the end and you will take the cup this year, God is with you all. I will miss the fans as well as the energy you bring to each game. I love you and God bless you. I hope that after these six months, I will be ready to return to the Parc des Princes and give everything to make you proud to be Parisian.”

Weah is tipped to head to Glasgow to ply his trade with Celtic in a hope to make him more of a regular in Thomas Tuchel’s side when he returns to the Parc des Princes.

Celtic fans react to Weah rumours 

RMC reported that Weah is on his way to Celtic park ahead of the Bhoys’ clash with Aberdeen at the top of the Scottish Premiership on Boxing Day.

Weah is a promising talent who has notched two goals in six appearances for PSG this season, but despite his burgeoning talents he has to compete with the likes of Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edison Cavani for permanent places in the first team.

The majority of Celtic fans on social media seem to have warmed to the news, arguing that if he’s as good as his dad then there’s nothing to worry about. However, not everyone is convinced.

The post PSG wonderkid Timothy Weah confirms plans for January loan appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2QS4Dzl

No comments:

Post a Comment