‘Merry Christmas’ - Jose Mourinho’s full statement following Man Utd sacking

Jose Mourinho has finally ended his silence and released a statement following his sacking as manager of Manchester United.

After a disruptive start to the season United finally wielded the axe and dismissed the Portuguese coach of his managerial duties on Tuesday morning.

Why was Mourinho axed? Five things to know…

  1. The 13-time Premier League champions have made their worst start to a league campaign since 1990.
  2. They currently sit 19 points behind leaders Liverpool and have a goal difference of zero.
  3. There were a number of reported conflicts behind the scenes, with Paul Pogba and Mourinho sharing a fractious relationship.
  4. Mourinho was also heavily critical of chief executive Ed Woodward after he failed to sanction funds for a centre-back this summer.
  5. As such, the former Real Madrid and Chelsea manager has been sent packing.

The klaxon alarms had been ringing all season, but the final straw came in the club’s 3-1 capitulation at Anfield, showing just how big a gulf has emerged between the Reds and their rivals.

Speaking for the first time since his dismissal, Mourinho is quoted by the Independent as saying: “I have been immensely proud to wear the badge of Manchester United since the first day I arrived, and I believe all United supporters recognise this.

“Just as was the case with my previous clubs, I have worked with some wonderful people and I believe that some will be my friends for life.

“I know that you are all aware of my professional principles. Each time a chapter is closed I show my deepest respect and I don’t make any comments about my former colleagues.

“I hope the media wil also respect my position and let me live my normal life until the moment I decide to return to football.

“Merry Christmas.”

Mourinho had only put pen-to-paper on a new two-year contract until 2020 earlier this year, but having served as manager of the club for two-and-a-half years he has been giving his marching orders.

Former striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has since been appointed interim manager until the end of the season.

The post Jose Mourinho breaks silence with full statement after Man Utd sacking appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2PMj96s

No comments:

Post a Comment