The reason behind Man City star Ederson's long kicks is definitely not what you expected

Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson has detailed the surprising secret behind his monstrous kicks. 

The Brazilian, who has been Man City’s No.1 since his arrival at Eastlands in 2017, has made 74 appearances for Pep Guardiola’s side in all competitions.

How hard can Ederson kick? Five key things to know…

  1. Ederson signed with Man City in 2017 for £35m from Benfica.
  2. Guardiola is thought to have been impressed with the Brazilian’s distribution and therefore sanctioned the move.
  3. Ederson has made 74 appearances for City since joining.
  4. The goalkeeper holds the Guinness World Record for the longest kick out of the hands, at 75.35m.
  5. He has managed 220 accurate long balls so far in the league and one assist.

But while it’s clear he’s more-than-competent between the sticks, it’s with the ball at his feet where Ederson’s truly impressed.

Not only is he deadly accurate but he can kick the ball, from the ground and out of his feet, seemingly as far as he is willing to. The 25-year-old also holds the Guinness World Record for the longest kick of a football out of the hands, with an effort of 75.35m. However, the reason why he’s got so much venom in his kicks is not what you’d expect.

“I’ve always kicked hard”, Ederson told The Times.

“Júlio César (former Benfica goalkeeper) once asked my mother what she gave me when I was little. She said, ‘couscous with egg’ and I eat a lot of couscous with egg to this day.

“It’s something I like very much, so it has to be that.”

Ederson’s comfortable in possession

City ran out 3-0 winners over Wolves on Monday night, and to typify his comfort on the ball, Ederson found himself in midfield during the game, where he exchanged passes with Ilkay Gundogan and Fernandinho.

On the topic of style, Ederson commented: “Pep always gave me a lot of confidence to play my way. I might have made mistakes because of my way of playing, but mistakes are part of football. I never let that influence my game.”

“I really appreciate the freedom and the confidence he gives me to play the style of football he wants. He helped me a lot.”

Man City, who trail four points behind Liverpool, take on Huddersfield away in the league on Sunday.

The post Man City ‘keeper Ederson reveals secret recipe behind his Guinness world record appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2AUWTTe

No comments:

Post a Comment