Cedric reveals the Inter player who helped convince him to leave Southampton

Southampton defender Cedric Soares has admitted his loan move to Serie A giants Inter Milan is a “dream come true” as he reveals Portugal teammate Joao Mario influenced his decision. 

The Portuguese full-back has made the switch from the Premier League to Italian football for the remainder of the season, with an option to buy in the summer.

Why have Inter signed Cedric? Five things you need to know…

  1. Cedric moved to Southampton in 2014 from Sporting for £4.7m.
  2. The Portuguese international made 119 appearances for the Saints, scoring two goals.
  3. Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has been eager to sell this window with Manolo Gabbiadini and Wesley Hoedt already parting the club this January.
  4. Teenage defender Yan Valery has been Hasenhuttl’s preferred choice at right-back.
  5. Inter have signed Cedric on an initial loan move with the option to buy at the end of the season.

Speaking to reporters after completing his move to Inter, Cedric couldn’t hide his excitement, claiming that playing for the Italian giants has always been a dream of his.

“I’m really so happy, Inter is an incredible club. To be able to wear the Nerazzurri’s shirt is a dream come true,” Cedric told reporters.

“I like Luciano Spalletti’s style of play and I’ve seen various Inter matches, I’ve also spoken with my friend and compatriot Joao Mario.

“It’s important that a player’s characteristics suit the technical project and I’m sure that I can adapt well to this team. I’ll certainly take some time to settle at the start, but with the help of my teammates, I’ll be able to improve quickly.”

“A great opportunity for me”

Cedric admitted that Inter midfielder Joao Mario was another deciding factor in moving to Italy, along with plying his trade at the fantastic arena that is the San Siro.

He continued: “Joao Mario is a friend, not just a teammate. We grew up at the same club, and it’s a pleasure that he’s here and that I’ll be able to play with him once more. He’s told me a lot of things about Inter. He said that they are a team who like to control games.

“Being here is a great opportunity for me. I’ll fight alongside him to help the club achieve the results it wants to achieve.

“San Siro is a legendary stadium. When you are young, every player dreams of one day being able to play at the Meazza. It is full of history, so many amazing players have been there. It’s going to be a pleasure to play there.

“I was just thinking that I had a picture of a team on my schoolbook and I actually had the Inter players, because they were my favourite team. Maybe there was a reason, I like to believe in these things.”

The post Joao Mario helped convince Cedric to make “dream” Inter move appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2CQ8X8F

No comments:

Post a Comment