Former Spurs flop nominated for Player of the Month alongside Liverpool fan favourite

Moussa Sissoko has been nominated alongside three Manchester City players for the Premier League November Player of the Month.

Having initially struggled in North London since arriving from Newcastle in 2016, Sissoko has had a resurgence in form in recent weeks, playing a big part in Spurs’ wins over Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Wolves in November.

The 29-year-old won five tackles during that time, has an 86% pass accuracy rate in the Premier League this season and his recent contributions have seen him earn a recall to the French national team.

Sissoko’s France teammate and Everton left-back Lucas Digne has also been nominated, along with Manchester City’s Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling and David Silva, West Ham United’s Felipe Anderson and Liverpool’s Andrew Robertson.

Voting for the award closes at 23:59 GMT on Thursday, 6 December.

What is behind Sissoko’s resurgence?

Not only has Moussa Sissoko made his mark on the Premier League this month, the midfielder also played a key role in Tottenham’s vital 1-0 win against Inter Milan in the Champions League, keeping their European hopes alive.

The former Newcastle man believes a ‘strong and focused mind’ is the key to his upturn in form.

Speaking after the Wembley win over Inter, Sissoko said (via BBC Sport): “I am doing well this season.

“But I think this is because of my work at training.

“I know since I came here everything wasn’t easy for me, but I never give up and I was always focused and strong in my mind and said I need to keep working.”

Mauricio Pochettino’s side take on Southampton in the Premier League on Wednesday.

The post Spurs’ Sissoko nominated alongside Man City trio for November Player of the Month appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2rhrwx2

No comments:

Post a Comment