Wolves revelation Conor Coady admits leaving Liverpool was easy

Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Conor Coady has admitted that it was an easy decision to leave former club Liverpool.

Coady started his football career making his way through the Liverpool youth set-up and captained England U-17s to a European Championship win in 2017, also being named in the Team of the Tournament.

Graduating into the Reds first-team in 2013, however, he only made two appearances as competition for places made it too tough a task for the youngster to break through.

Various loan spells followed before Coady finally sealed a permanent transfer to then-Championship side Wolves in 2015 for around £2 million.

Since his move, Coady has flourished and has admitted that the move away from boyhood club Liverpool wasn’t as tough as some people may have anticipated.

The 25-year-old told The Times: “Do you know what, it wasn’t as hard as people might think. I’d been on loan to Sheffield United, which was a fantastic loan move for me. I played 50 games.

“I didn’t really want to come back and play under-23s. I had some brilliant footballers in front of me and it was going to be so, so hard.

“At the time, I thought to myself, ‘I’ve been here all my life,’ but I just wanted to play football.”

Coady’s Wolves career so far

The talented defender has made a total of 142 appearances in all competitions for the Midlands side and has been a big part of Wolves’ rise to the Premier League.

Coady has played every minute of Wolves’ Premier League campaign to date as they currently sit comfortably in eighth place in the league table, despite suffering their second defeat of the season on Saturday afternoon.

A 2-0 home defeat to Watford saw Javi Gracia’s side leapfrog Coady and co. to move into seventh on 16 points from nine games.

The post Wolves revelation Conor Coady admits leaving Liverpool was easy appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2S4SC6z

No comments:

Post a Comment