Arsenal rising star Emile Smith-Rowe: I want to play like Kevin De Bruyne

18-year-old Arsenal youngster Emile Smith-Rowe says he’s keen to keep impressing manager Unai Emery this season and has ambitions to become the Gunners’ very own Kevin De Bruyne.

Smith-Rowe worked his way into the first team set-up over the summer after impressing new manager Emery in pre-season.

The Croydon-born midfielder penned a new long-term deal with the club in July and scored his first goal for the senior team in their Europa League win over Qarabag at the start of October.

Despite a whirlwind year for the youngster, Smith-Rowe says he wants to keep improving.

“When I was kid I looked up to Messi and Iniesta,” Smith Rowe told Goal.

“Watching them play for Barcelona inspired me so much. The link-ups they had and the goals they scored and created were amazing.”

When asked which Premier League player inspires him the most, Smith-Rowe said: “Someone I inspire to play like is probably Kevin De Bruyne because of the way he plays.

“I learn so much from the entire coaching staff and players every day. The training sessions are so intense which is really good for me to learn every day.

“I need to stay focused every day, keep learning and keep taking on what all the coaches are telling me.

“I’m obviously in a privileged position to most people but for me it’s about staying focused and getting the right advice from my family and the people around me.”

Arsenal’s long-term Aaron Ramsey successor?

Smith-Rowe is capable of playing in a number of attacking positions and Emery seems to value his versatility.

He was part of the England U17 team that won the World Cup last year.

His next opportunity is likely to come on Wednesday night when Arsenal play Blackpool in their Carabao Cup fourth round tie at the Emirates.

“I’m keen to get as many minutes as I can,” Smith Rowe added.

“With these opportunities I think it can be good for me to gain experience and if I do perform well hopefully I can progress into more important games.”

The post Arsenal rising star Emile Smith-Rowe: I want to play like Kevin De Bruyne appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2zllHSH

No comments:

Post a Comment