Sarri’s No.1 transfer target left out of squad as Chelsea move appears to draw closer

Gonzalo Higuain has been left out of the AC Milan squad to face Genoa on Monday, increasing speculation surrounding a move to Chelsea. 

The Argentine striker is currently on loan at Milan from Juventus but has only managed eight goals in 22 games in all competitions so far.

And with Maurizio Sarri desperate to bolster his striking options in this transfer window, the Italian is reportedly turning to Higuain, who scored 36 goals in 35 games during their time together in the 2015/16 season – a Serie A record for a single campaign.

Milan released their squad for Monday’s fixture via their official Twitter account and while Spanish playmaker Suso returned, Higuain was the most notable absence and is now expected to end his loan spell with the club to join Chelsea until the end of the season.

Despite the intense speculation, Sarri has been keeping his cards close to his chest in regards to transfers, insisting he is leaving that side of things to club director, Marina Granovskaia.

“I don’t know. I want to be clear, I spoke to Marina two weeks ago, she knows my opinion and then I decided to be focused on the pitch and training,” he told reporters ahead of Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on Saturday.

“I know that Marina is working very hard, but I know nothing about the market. I don’t call her every evening, otherwise I spend my energy on the market, it is better to spend mental energy on the pitch.”

How fans reacted to Higuain’s Milan absence

Higuain’s omission from the Rossoneri squad certainly sparked great reaction on Twitter, with Chelsea and Milan fans voicing their thoughts.

Chelsea fans, in particular, have been divided over how successful they think Higuain will be…

The post Higuain left out of AC Milan squad as Chelsea move appears to draw closer appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2T47q5D

No comments:

Post a Comment