Eden Hazard apologises to Jose Mourinho for six-goal 2015/16 season

Chelsea star Eden Hazard says he feels guilty about Jose Mourinho’s sacking from the club midway through the 2015/16 season.

The Belgian is currently the Premier League’s top scorer with seven goals to his name this season and continues to talk up the possibility of a move to Real Madrid. On Thursday he told reporters that he feels he is currently the best player in world football.

But in an intriguing interview with Belgian publication HLN, the 27-year-old has admitted that he has some regrets over his form during the 2015/16 season when Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea, where he managed just six goals. He has even gone as far as saying he’d like to work under the current Manchester United boss again.

“In 12 years I’ve only had one bad season, the last six months under Mourinho, and it was partly my own fault,” he said.

“After the title, we asked Mourinho for extra holidays. I came back totally out of shape.

“The last season under Mourinho was not enjoyable. We didn’t win, we got into a sort of routine, training without having fun, it was better for all parties that we parted ways. But if I’m asked now about one coach with whom I want to work again, I would say Mourinho.”

He added: “I don’t regret many things in my career, but that I have not been able to work with Mourinho at Chelsea anymore is one of them. We had a team that could win more trophies. We just ended up in a negative cycle.

“I sent him a message to say I was sorry he had gone and that I was sorry. We’d enjoyed all that success together, but this time we hadn’t. I felt a little bit guilty because I’d been player of the year. I’d been one of the most decisive players, and then I performed less.”

Hazard defends Mourinho’s style

Mourinho has come in for a lot of criticism this season with his Manchester United side sat in eighth spot in the Premier League with just 13 points from their opening eight matches.

Many believe that his preferred style of play has become outdated, but Hazard says the theory that he is a defensive manager is incorrect.

“Mourinho’s image of an extremely defensive coach isn’t completely right,” Hazard said.

“He is far from adventurous like Pep Guardiola, but the season in which we became champions, we have made many goals and played good games.”

The post Eden Hazard apologises to Jose Mourinho for six-goal 2015/16 season appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2QLwzk3

No comments:

Post a Comment