‘I can be as good as Neymar and Hazard’ – Pjaca

Fiorentina winger Marko Pjaca believes he can still go on to be one of the best players in the world in his position, despite his tough time with injuries throughout the last two years.

Pjaca, 23, joined Juventus from Dinamo Zagreb in 2016 and was touted as one of the most exciting upcoming attacking players in Europe.

However, a variation of serious knee injuries has brought a halt to his progress. He was loaned to Schalke last season and is currently with Fiorentina, who have a €20m option to sign the Croatian on a permanent basis.

But Pjaca retains hope he can become as good as the likes of Neymar and Eden Hazard providing he stays injury-free.

“I stopped improving due to the injury, but if I can play with consistency, then I’ll rediscover my confidence,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport magazine Sportweek.

“With confidence, I can go back to those great moves and become what I was before. I just need to get out there and play.

“I am aiming to become one of the best in the world in my role. At the moment, the best are Neymar and Hazard, but I can be up there with them, as long as I avoid further injuries.”

Pjaca’s big year in Florence

The Croatia winger has completed all eight of Fiorentina’s Serie A matches so far this season, scoring one goal.

Pjaca knows that this is a hugely important season for him and says he’s enjoying his spell in Florence, with no regrets regarding his initial move to Juventus.

“I find taking men on and beating them even more satisfying than a goal. At Fiorentina, each player knows what he has to do on the field, but Stefano Pioli leaves us forwards the freedom to dribble in the opposition half.

“Florence is a wonderful city, the team is young and the fans passionate. I have no regrets about Juventus, as when I arrived they had only one winger, Juan Cuadrado, but then I got hurt and couldn’t find playing time.”

The post ‘I can be as good as Neymar and Hazard’ – Pjaca appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2pSXGOQ

No comments:

Post a Comment