Napoli record-signing Fabian Ruiz: ‘Carlo Ancelotti was key to my move’

Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz has revealed that Carlo Ancelotti was ‘fundamental’ to his transfer.

The Spanish midfielder was a key addition to the Napoli squad this summer, arriving from Real Betis as long-term midfielder Jorginho left for Premier League side Chelsea.

The 22-year-old has revealed that the key factor in his move was the chance to work with Napoli head coach Carlo Ancelotti, who has won major honours at massive clubs such as Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, PSG and fellow Serie A side AC Milan.

“Ancelotti? He was fundamental to my transfer. He convinced me and told me he wanted me, then, of course, the club project was also decisive, not to mention the ambition,” he explained on Radio Marca.

“I spoke with my agent and my family and we all agreed that moving to Napoli was a good choice.

“Now I’m playing a little more, in the Champions League too, and that’s an extraordinary competition.

“At the start, I had an adductor problem which limited me for a few weeks, but I’m slowly finding minutes again.

“[Jose] Callejon and [Raul] Albiol have been crucial for me in the first few months because, not knowing the language, it was difficult to communicate with others. I was also lucky that Ancelotti and his assistant know Spanish, so I didn’t get left behind and I could understand his system of play.”

Napoli triggered the €30m release clause in the player’s contract to bring him to the San Poalo and after making four appearances for the club so far, the midfielder believes he has settled well in Serie A.

“I’ve adapted to everything, even if I obviously struggled a bit at the start,” Ruiz explained.

“I found myself in a different country with a different language, it’s a different league but I feel at ease.

“The city is special in Naples they live football with passion and intensity. I’m grateful for the affection the people I meet on the street show me.”

Napoli made a slow start to the season but have now climbed to second in the table behind leaders Juventus. The Partenopei face an away trip to Udinese next as they look to close the gap at the top, which currently stands at six points.

The post Napoli record-signing Fabian Ruiz: ‘Carlo Ancelotti was key to my move’ appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2EvXJdC

No comments:

Post a Comment