Real Madrid star rubbishes talk of exit amid Inter links

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has poured cold water on speculation he could leave the Spanish capital in the coming transfer windows.

The Ballon d’Or winner has just 18 months remaining on his present deal with the club but he intends to honour that contract.

Could Luka Modric leave Real Madrid? Five key things to know…

  1. Modric joined Real Madrid from Spurs in 2012 for a reported £30m fee.
  2. Since then the diminutive playmaker has flourished at the Bernabeu, winning four Champions League trophies.
  3. The 33-year-old was linked with a move to Inter Milan over the summer but director Emilio Butragueno was quick to play down speculation.
  4. It is believed that the San Siro club may revisit their summer interest.
  5. However, Modric has now downplayed any departure rumours, committing his immediate future to Real.

As interest in Modric ramped up last summer, president Florentino Perez placed a €750m price tag on his star in an effort to deter Inter, which seemingly worked.

However, rumours of another Nerazzurri approach have not disappeared with Luciano Spalletti reportedly still keen on signing Modric, but the Croat insists he is committed to Los Blancos and he intends to see out his contract.

“I am calm about my future, there is still 18 months left on my deal,” Modric told reporters.

“My wish is to stay here for even longer than that, as the truth is I am very happy here and as much so as I was on the first day I joined.

“We played a good game (against Sevilla) and we are happy with the points, we must continue on this path.

“We wanted to give joy to our fantastic fans and personally, I felt good as I have done in recent weeks.”

Modric “was considering” Inter

Despite Perez slapping a €750m price tag on Modric, the Real president has revealed that the Italian giants tried to prise their pint-sized midfielder to the San Siro for no fee.

“I’ve never seen a club want to buy our 10 without paying,” Perez stated. “It’s the first time this has happened to me in my life.”

Despite this, it has been reported that Modric was seriously tempted by the offer of Inter and was “considering” relocating to Serie A.

MasterChef judge Joe Bastianich has claimed that he spoke with the Croat star last summer and tried to persuade him to join the Milan-based club.

“I met him last summer in Sardinia and advised him to go to Inter,” MasterChef Italia and USA judge Bastianich told Radio Deejay.

“He revealed to me that he was considering the idea of moving to Milan.”

The post Luka Modric has no plans to leave Real Madrid once contract ends appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2S4bt4E

No comments:

Post a Comment