Antonio Cassano hoping to play against 40-goal Cristiano Ronaldo in Serie A

Antonio Cassano says he hopes to return to Serie A so he can face Cristiano Ronaldo this season.

All eyes will be on Serie A this season as Real Madrid’s all-time top goal-scorer Cristiano Ronaldo brings his prolific shooting boots to Juventus.

It’s not just Juve fans and commentators that will be relishing the opportunity to watch Ronaldo play, as it seems players are just as excited by the Portuguese superstar’s arrival in Italy.

Cassano, 36, who has been retired from the game for almost two years, says he hopes to return to football this season, partially to face Ronaldo whom he thinks will bag 40 goals this campaign.

In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport (via Football Italia) the 36-year-old forward says he is currently weighing up his options with his representatives, but wants to remain close to his family.

“My agent spoke to many clubs and I thank him, but I put so many limitations on our options because I don’t want to be too far away from my family,” Cassano said.

“Parma? I wish… I hope I’ll make it in time to play against Cristiano Ronaldo.”

Cassano added that Juventus will dominate Serie A until 2022, and that the Old Lady did well to sign the “second-best” player in the world.

“It goes without saying now, Juventus have the Scudetto sewn up until 2022. CR7 will score at least 40 goals, while I only see Inter behind the Bianconeri.

“Juventus did a great deal by signing the second best player in the world. Of course, I still consider Lionel Messi to be the best, as I even named my son after him. Ronaldo will repay Juve not just in goals and results, but also in economic terms.”

Cassano added: “I know Real Madrid well and all that counts, even for Florentino Perez, is the club. When the time came, they dumped the Brazilian Ronaldo and David Beckham, so I’m not surprised they treated Cristiano like that too.

“CR7 is made for Juve. He’s like an extra-terrestrial in terms of fitness, as he loves hard work and never takes his foot off the gas. I’m sure he’ll get along well with Allegri, as Max is extraordinary when dealing with champions.

“Having said that, I don’t think Juve are the favourites to win the Champions League, as I’d give that to Barcelona.”

Ronaldo scored 44 goals in as many games last season and, at 33, shows no signs of slowing down. He will be in action with Juventus on Saturday August 18 when they take on Chievo in Serie A.

The post Antonio Cassano hoping to play against 40-goal Cristiano Ronaldo in Serie A appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2nuru2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment