Bakayoko in the dark over Chelsea future: “It is a total blur”

AC Milan loanee Tiemoue Bakayoko has admitted he is unsure whether he will be a Chelsea player next season.

Bakayoko, 24, has been out on loan at the San Siro this season after struggling for form during his maiden campaign with Chelsea in 2017/18.

Does Bakayoko have future at Chelsea? Five key things to know… 

  1. Chelsea signed Bakayoko from Monaco for £40m in 2017 but the Frenchman struggled to impress in west London.
  2. The Parisian was ultimately sent out on a season-long loan to the Rossoneri this term.
  3. Bakayoko made a worrying start to life in Milan with Gennaro Gattuso criticising his quality.
  4. However, the 24-year-old has since hit form and is currently a mainstay in midfield, starting the previous 13 matches.
  5. The club reportedly have £30m buyout clause, but Bakayoko remains uncertain of his next move.

The one-time France international made a tentative start to life under Gattuso’s watch, with the former hatchet man often critical of the box-to-box midfielder. But Bakayoko has since showcased his worth, proving instrumental to Milan’s rapid rise up the Serie A table.

Bakayoko has made no secret of his desire to remain in Milan, though Maurizio Sarri may want to retain his services with the Blues expecting a transfer ban.

However, the Chelsea pariah has revealed he is yet to make a decision on his future, telling France Football: “When I think of my future, it is a total blur. I cannot empty my head.

“I’m doing everything to qualify for the Champions League. It’s been five years since the Milan fans have heard the Champions League anthem and I want to be there the next time it sounds in San Siro.

“I’m having a good season, I’m very grateful to Milan. I’m very happy here, although at first, I was criticised. But it’s normal, they expected more, there is no problem.”

Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.

Bakayoko gives two cents on Chelsea career

Having joined Chelsea with high expectations following his impressive midfield exploits on the French Riviera, Bakayoko failed to leave a lasting impression in a season that ultimately proved futile under Antonio Conte.

Bakayoko mustered just 24 Premier League starts as Chelsea failed to finish in a Champions League qualification spot, and while the 24-year-old was the first to admit things did not go according to plan, he believes he is a better player for the experience.

He added: “I am the first to say that it did not go the way I wanted. There were some very good matches and the experience will serve me well.

“If I have a good performance today, it is thanks to my experience in London.

“Today, I can say that I am a better player than in Monaco.”

The post Bakayoko in the dark over Chelsea future: “It is a total blur” appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka News https://ift.tt/2SIUWiZ

No comments:

Post a Comment