The three Chelsea players Callum Hudson-Odoi wants to be like

Callum Hudson-Odoi has named the three players he looks up to the most in the Chelsea dressing room.

The 18-year-old has scored three goals in 15 appearances for the Blues this season and is, arguably, the most talked about teenager in the Premier League right now.

Who are Hudson-Odoi’s Chelsea idols? Five key things to know…

  1. Hudson-Odoi made his first team debut for Chelsea in January 2018.
  2. The winger now has 19 senior appearances to his name, scoring three goals.
  3. The 18-year-old has named fellow wingers Eden Hazard, Pedro and Willian as the players he looks up to.
  4. Hudson-Odoi has completed 10.75 dribbles per 90 minutes in all competitions this season.
  5. Hazard has completed 11.1, while Willian and Pedro have completed 8.21 and 4.06 respectively.

Hudson-Odoi faces stiff competition on the Chelsea wings from Hazard, Pedro and Willian but it is, in fact, these three players that the England youth international is trying his best to emulate and become a success at Stamford Bridge.

“Everyone in the dressing room was very humble and genuine [when I came in],” he told the Independent. “There was nobody who was bigger than anybody else, no egos. They brought me into the system and made me feel welcome and to not be scared or nervous, just myself.

“I look up to everyone, but I especially look forward to training with [Eden] Hazard, Willian and Pedro especially because that’s where I play.

“I just keep working hard to try to emulate what they do and, hopefully, I can be where there are one day.”

Hudson-Odoi could get his next outing when Chelsea host Dynamo Kyiv in the Europa League on Thursday.

Hudson-Odoi’s Chelsea dream

A lot was and still is made of Bayern Munich’s reported pursuit of Hudson-Odoi, with senior figures at the Bundesliga giants supposedly ‘falling in love’ with the winger’s talents.

However, the man himself has insisted he is living out his dream playing for Chelsea and just having his shirt in the dressing room is enough to make him feel a part of the club.

Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.

He added: “I’ve been there throughout my whole life. Putting on the shirt for the first time, being a homegrown player, at such a young age, making my debut was an amazing feeling,” he says of becoming Chelsea’s second youngest player in history little over a year ago.

“Just seeing my shirt in the dressing room, it made me feel like a part of the club. It was a dream come true. [Once I was on the pitch] I just wanted to get on the ball as much as possible and show what I’m capable of. I think now I’ve done that, I’m just delighted and pleased for myself.”

The post The three Chelsea players Callum Hudson-Odoi wants to be like appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka News https://ift.tt/2VCRbxf

No comments:

Post a Comment