Julio Pleguezuelo: I have offers to leave Arsenal for Spain

Arsenal youngster Julio Pleguezuelo reveals that he has offers to return to Spain.

The 21-year-old centre-back arrived at the Gunners from Barcelona when he was 16 in 2013, but has only made one senior appearance for the club after former manager Arsene Wenger loaned him back to Spain.

Pleguezuelo has a real fight on his hands if he wants to break into Arsenal’s first team due to a large amount of talent among Unai Emery’s ranks.

The Spaniard does have other options on the table and he’s revealed that several offers for him to leave the north Londoners have been made by Spanish clubs. However, Pleguezuelo says he would like to remain in north London for the time being.

“I’m waiting to see how everything develops,” he told Spanish magazine Marca (via the Daily Star).

“I have to talk to my representative. My goal is to stay at Arsenal. I would like to continue and, if it is not here in England – I have offers in Spain.

“But at the moment it’s not my idea to go back.”

Pleguezuelo will have to displace the likes of Shkodran Mustafi, Sokratis and Rob Holding to get a regular place in Arsenal’s starting XI, but the defender says he relishes the challenge.

“There is always a lot of competition, they are experienced players who have a lot of quality,” he added.

“I do not see them as enemies, just the opposite.

“For my part, what I will do is continue to give the coach reasons to select me and when he does, be prepared.”

Arsenal are threatening to make a resurgence under new coach Unai Emery following years of mediocrity in the league under Wenger.

After a poor start to their Premier League campaign, the Gunners now sit fifth in the table only three points adrift of Spurs in fourth place.

After years without a prolific goalscorer, this season the Gunners boast one of the Premier League’s top scorers in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and are developing into a formidable attacking side.

Arsenal return to Premier League action next Sunday when they take on Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium. In their next game, they face Spurs at the Emirates in a crucial clash at the top of the table.

The post Julio Pleguezuelo: I have offers to leave Arsenal for Spain appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2DslOzQ

No comments:

Post a Comment