FaceTime call with Klopp confirmed move to Liverpool – Alisson

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson has revealed how a FaceTime call with club boss Jurgen Klopp helped convince him to join the Premier League club this summer. 

The former AS Roma shot-stopper left the Serie A side to join Klopp’s squad for a costly £65 million making him the most expensive goalkeeper in world football until Chelsea signed Kepa Arrizabalaga from Athletic Bilbao for £72 million just weeks later.

The Brazilian was a long-term target for the Reds, who have had a number of goalkeepers struggle for consistency in the Liverpool net across the last few years.

Alisson has revealed that his admiration for the former Borussia Dortmund coach was a big part of convincing him to move to England.

In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Allison said: “When the clubs found an agreement, Klopp called me on FaceTime and explained the project and what he wanted us to do together.

“I’d admired him from his time at Dortmund and I like being coached by him because he doesn’t talk a lot, but he always knows the right thing to say and when to say it.

“He’s an intelligent man, with character.”

He also spoke of his mistake against Leicester City that led to the Foxes scoring in Liverpool’s Premier League victory at the King Power Stadium earlier in the campaign.

“My mistake against Leicester? He came into the dressing room laughing and joking. He dealt with it in the best way, I already knew I’d been daft and he told me not to lose confidence and to keep playing like that.

“For the English I’m a ‘sweeper-keeper’. I’ve always played like that, I like to provide coverage behind the defence and participate in the game.

“There are some teams where that would suit, but Klopp wanted me.”

Liverpool’s next fixture

After taking on Napoli in the Champions League on Wednesday, the Reds host current Premier League champions Manchester City this Sunday in one of the most hotly anticipated fixtures so far this season.

The post FaceTime call with Klopp confirmed move to Liverpool – Alisson appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2P9iVGS

No comments:

Post a Comment