Wenger: I’ll be back, but not in the Premier League

Arsene Wenger has revealed he plans to return to football ‘at the beginning of 2019’.

After a 22-year spell in charge of Arsenal, in which he won three Premier League titles and seven FA cups, the 69-year-old finally put an end to his reign over the Gunners at the end of last season, with Unai Emery taking over at the Emirates.

Wenger has taken a break from management since but was recently linked with the replacing Gennaro Gattuso at AC Milan, with Ivan Gazidis also leaving Arsenal to become Milan’s CEO.

Gattuso remains in charge at the San Siro, though, while Wenger has eluded to a return to management at the start of next year.

“Certainly at the beginning of 2019,” he told Sky Sports (via Football Italia).

“At the moment I’m having a good rest and I watch football a lot. I’m here at Wembley where I played many games and have good memories, and of course, you miss that.”

Despite his huge success as a manager in English football, the Frenchman has admitted that he will be seeking work elsewhere, claiming it would very difficult to manage an English side other than Arsenal.

Wenger continued: “I said many times maybe the best way is not to be in England because I spent so much time at the same club it would seem odd to go somewhere else.

“But at the moment I cannot tell you [about my future] because I don’t know. I don’t know where I will be. I will be somewhere but I don’t know where.”

Life after Wenger: How has Unai Emery started life at Arsenal?

Despite losing his first two competitive games at Arsenal, to Manchester City and Chelsea, Unai Emery has made a very strong start to life at Arsenal.

In all competitions, the Gunners are now on a 13 game unbeaten streak, winning 12 of those, and are currently fourth in the Premier League table, just four points behind joint leaders Manchester City and Liverpool.

Arsenal’s next game will be a real indicator as to how much the Gunners have improved in recent weeks as they host Liverpool on Saturday.

The post Wenger: I’ll be back, but not in the Premier League appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2Jv0R88

No comments:

Post a Comment