‘I had the quality but Mourinho didn’t give me a chance’ – Adnan Januzaj

Adnan Januzaj has accused Jose Mourinho of failing to give him a chance at Manchester United before sanctioning his sale.

The Belgian, who was sold to Real Sociedad in the summer of 2017, was sent out on loan to Sunderland when Mourinho was appointed manager in 2016.

Prior to that, Januzaj had made 63 appearances for United across all competitions, scoring five goals, enjoying his best spell during David Moyes’ short-lived stay at Old Trafford.

But the 23-year-old didn’t make a single appearance under Mourinho before being loaned to Sunderland and eventually sold to Spain, where he remains.

And Januzaj believes he wasn’t given enough of a chance to prove himself to the current United boss.

“I didn’t really get a chance because at the time he [Mourinho] probably wanted more experienced players with names,” Januzaj told Sky Sports.

“For me it wasn’t a problem. I had to move on and now I am happy in Spain and making a difference. I always knew I had the quality to play for Manchester United. I know what I am capable of.

“They didn’t give me a chance but it’s not a problem, I am happy in Spain and enjoying my football.”

How would Januzaj get on at Man United now?

If he remained at United, Januzaj would face plenty of competition to occupy one of the wide attacking positions under Mourinho.

Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford have been fighting for those spots of late, while Mourinho also has Juan Mata and Alexis Sanchez at his disposal.

Januzaj scored four goals in 35 games for Sociedad last season. He has played just three times in La Liga so far this term.

United face Crystal Palace in the Premier League at Old Trafford after the international break on November 24.

The post ‘I had the quality but Mourinho didn’t give me a chance’ – Adnan Januzaj appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2z9RjLR

No comments:

Post a Comment