Blow for Everton? In-demand midfielder spells out transfer plans amid Liverpool & PSG links

Abdoulaye Doucoure has revealed he plans to leave Watford amid intense speculation linking him to PSG.

The French midfielder has completed more passes (956) in the Premier League than any other Watford player this season and has become an integral part of the Hornets squad since joining from Rennes in 2016.

Will Doucoure leave Watford in January? Five key things to know…

  1. Abdoulaye Doucoure has become a key part of Watford’s starting XI since joining from Rennes in 2016.
  2. The Frenchman has made 85 appearances for the Hornets so far, scoring 11 goals.
  3. His form has led him to be linked with the likes of PSG and Liverpool.
  4. Doucoure has also been linked with Everton, but a move to the club looks unlikely after he admitted he plans to leave Watford for a Champions League team.
  5. The 26-year-old also revealed he is studying his possibilities “this winter”.

His form has led to rife speculation surrounding a move away from Vicarage Road, with the likes of Liverpool, PSG and Everton all linked to the 26-year-old.

And now, adding fuel to the fire, Doucoure has admitted he plans to leave Watford but only to join a team in the Champions League, seemingly ending the potential of a reunion with his former teammate Richarlison at Goodison Park.

He told French television station Canal Plus: “I think I am going to leave Watford. The club know my ambitions and want to help me get to the next level.

“I’m flattered by the interest of PSG but for the moment there’s nothing concrete. I will focus on my performance for my club. I’ve not had contact with PSG and they’ve not contacted Watford.

“My goal is to play well for Watford and then maybe join a Champions League team.

“This winter we’ll study all possibilities on offer. The most important thing for me is to continue to progress and with my performances.

“Staying in England is a possibility and the Italian league is becoming more interesting. There are clubs who have returned to show interest in me again.

“The first criteria for me is that the club plays in the Champions League.”

Doucoure working hard for the team, says Gracia

Despite the intense transfer speculation, Watford manager Javi Gracia has insisted Doucoure remains focused on helping his teammates and is working hard on the training ground.

Responding to questions about Doucoure prior to Watford’s away win at Crystal Palace, the Spaniard said: “I can’t tell you anything different, because nothing has changed.

“He keeps training, the same way as he was doing before.

“At this moment, he is playing really well, scoring goals, working for the team – he is a very important player for us.

“I don’t have any new news. For me, he is at the same point as last week.”

The Hornets face Burnley at Vicarage Road on Saturday.

The post Doucoure: I think I’m going to leave Watford appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2VXXxbN

No comments:

Post a Comment