Paulo Gazzaniga is proving in Spurs training he’s Premier League ready – Erik Lamela

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Erik Lamela has hailed goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga for showing he is Premier League ready.

Gazzaniga has made two Premier League appearances so far this season, filling during a spell when both Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm were out injured.

The goalkeeper recorded one clean sheet in that time, a 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town, and as a result – alongside other performances for Spurs in cup competitions – earned his first call-up for the Argentina squad.

His inclusion, alongside Juan Foyth, has compatriot Lamela pleased for his Spurs team-mates, insisting they both deserve their international recognition.

“I am so happy for them because they deserve to have a chance in the national team,” he said, as reported by Football.London.

“They are young and doing well so for me it is better, I like to go altogether.

“Paulo [Gazzaniga] is showing every training session that he can play in the Premier League and when he played he did amazing.

“I am so happy for him but he didn’t surprise me because I know he is an amazing keeper.”

Lamela happy to be rewarded for long injury fight

Lamela’s inclusion in the squad was also his first Argentina call-up since 2016 due to injury problems. And the Spurs man expressed his happiness to be back among the international set-up.

“It is very important for me because I fought a lot to be back,” he added.

“It was difficult when I was injured, I always look from afar but now I am back and so happy that I am playing, and not injured.

“I keep my fingers crossed – but this is the most important thing. Play and enjoy football.”

Argentina face Mexico in a friendly on Wednesday having just triumphed over the same opposition 2-0.

The post Paulo Gazzaniga is proving in Spurs training he’s Premier League ready – Erik Lamela appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2BcDP3z

No comments:

Post a Comment