Jerome Boateng explains why he snubbed Man United

Jerome Boateng has revealed that he chose not to join Manchester United because “it is difficult to leave Bayern”.

The German full-back was linked with a move to both Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United this summer but a transfer failed to materialise.

The Bayern star confirmed that there had been interest from other clubs but revealed why he felt a move was not right for him.

The German international opted to remain with the Bavarian giants meaning that he is now starting his eighth season with the Bundesliga champions.

“I had enquiries from PSG and Manchester United,” Boateng told Bild.

“I did not want just to get away from Bayern, but I was thrilled to try a new challenge.

“I feel well at Bayern. It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world.”

 

The Manchester United target did reveal that he spoke personally with Jose Mourinho who wanted to strengthen his defense after also being linked with a move for Leicester City’s central defender Harry Maguire and Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld.

The Bayern defender revealed that he was honoured to be targeted by Mourinho but felt he made the right choice to stay in Germany.

“I called Jose Mourinho, I told him that his interest was an honor for me and thanked him for trying so hard for me,” Boateng said.

“I explained to Jose that it’s difficult to leave Bayern, and if I do, everything has to be in place to top this club.”

Bayern Munich have started the season well, winning both their games in the Bundesliga and take on Leverkusen this weekend.

The post Jerome Boateng explains why he snubbed Man United appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2CMZ5PZ

No comments:

Post a Comment