“This time I was poked” – Antoine Griezmann responds to Sergio Ramos’ comments

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann has responded to Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos‘ comments after he labelled the Frenchman “ignorant.”

Ramos criticised Griezmann after the Atletico star revealed that he believes he is on the same footballing level as both Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Spanish star spoke to reporters after Griezmann made the bold claim, stating: Ignorance makes you very bold.”

In response, Griezmann – who enjoyed a fantastic summer in Russia after helping France win their first World Cup trophy in 20 years – has seen the funny side of Ramos’ comments, suggesting that football is all about “poking fun” at both team-mates and rival players.

Speaking to reporters (via Goal) Griezmann said: “He’s my little friend, I have a lot of respect for him.

“He’s an example for the kids and a great centre-back.

“For me, this is a game, I like to have fun with my team-mates and with players from other teams.

“Sometimes I’m ‘poking’ and this time I was ‘poked.'”

The two Madrid sides clashed this weekend with the city rivals drawing 0-0 at the Santiago Bernabeu.

After the match, Ramos also touched on the situation, telling Movistar Plus: “I have not spoken with Griezmann, regardless of the opinion of each other, one must always have the utmost respect for a fellow professional.”

Los Colchoneros next face Club Brugge in the Champions League on Wednesday.

The post “This time I was poked” – Antoine Griezmann responds to Sergio Ramos’ comments appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2RcU72k

No comments:

Post a Comment