Willian: I want an extra five years at Chelsea

Chelsea winger Willian has claimed that he’d like to stay at Stamford Bridge for another 5 years if possible, with the Brazil international recently celebrating being with the Blues for half-a-decade.

The former Shakthar Donetsk and Anzhi Makhachkala man was reported to have fallen out with previous manager Antonio Conte last season, leading to speculation that he could move on to Barcelona or Real Madrid this summer.

But a change in manager at Stamford Bridge has seen Willian continue his career with the Blues and he has featured in all four of Chelsea’s Premier League matches so far this season.

Speaking to Chelsea’s official website, the 30-year-old has admitted that he’s always been one to plan ahead and says he’d love to spend another five years in London.

“My mind was always like that, always when I arrive here my plan was to stay here as long as possible and now I am here five years I hope stay five more! I know I have two years of contract left but I hope to stay more years in the Premier League.

“I am very happy to be here five years. I have won titles and played a lot of games with a lot of happy moments, and a few sad moments as well but that is part of football, but these five years have been very good for me and I am proud to be a Chelsea player.”

Was Willian close to moving on this summer?

With Antonio Conte still at Chelsea for the start of pre-season, Willian’s future at the club appeared to be in the balance after the World Cup.

Both Spanish giants were reported to have expressed an interest in signing the winger, but the player himself has claimed that he never wanted to leave Stamford Bridge.

“A lot of people they say a lot of things in the press, but I never said that I want to leave Chelsea, never.

“Always I say that I want to stay at Chelsea as long as possible, and I am happy to stay here.”

The post Willian: I want an extra five years at Chelsea appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2Oa1oxL

No comments:

Post a Comment