Richarlison: There is no pressure from £40m transfer fee

Everton’s summer signing Richarlison has revealed that he feels no pressure to perform following his £40 million transfer from fellow Premier League side Watford.

The tricky forward made the switch to join his former boss Marco Silva at Goodison Park following a season of mixed fortunes at Vicarage Road.

It was Silva who brought Richarlison over to England to play for Watford in the summer of 2017 for a transfer fee of £11.2 million from Fluminense. 

Speaking to reporters, Richarlison discussed how despite the Toffees spending big to bring the promising star to the blue half of Merseyside, he feels no added pressure to produce the goods on the football pitch.

“I’m cool about it,’ he told ESPN FC.

“Since I was promoted to the America MG first team there was already pressure on me. In my third game at America I was already in the starting line-up.

“And there was pressure to score a lot of goals because America were fighting for promotion. Then I signed for Fluminense and they paid a $10million fee, one of the most expensive in their history.

“So, the pressure was there again. So, I am calm about it. I can only work hard because it is a huge responsibility to wear all of these shirts. All of these clubs that I have played for.

“The pressure was always beside me, but I always give my best and things have been working well for me.”

Richarlison’s season so far

The new Everton man has had a pretty successful start to the 2018/19 campaign both domestically and on the international stage.

His season started superbly, scoring two goals away to newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers in Everton’s 2-2 draw on the opening day of the Premier League season.

He followed this with a goal in his first match on home soil after just nine minutes against Southampton as Everton beat the side from the south coast 2-1.

However, he suffered the first blip in his Everton career away to AFC Bournemouth when he was sent off for head-butting Cherries defender Adam Smith, albeit softly.

With three goals in five league matches to date, his form was worthy enough of a call-up to the Brazil squad where he scored his first two goals for his country against El Salvador in Brazil’s 5-0 victory over the Central American nation.

The post Richarlison: There is no pressure from £40m transfer fee appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2xYDyze

No comments:

Post a Comment