Gonzalo Higuain apologises for Juventus red card

Gonzalo Higuain has apologised for the red card he received against Juventus Sunday night. 

In a re-run fixture of last year’s Copa Italia, the Argentinian had a penalty saved, was booked for a foul, and then his furious reaction saw him sent off. The game ended 2-0 in favour of the Bianconeri.

“I have to apologise to my teammates, the Coach, the fans and the referee, who knows what I said to him. At the same time, referees should understand the emotions of the moment,” Higuain told Sky Sport Italia, via Football Italia.

“I reacted that way, I should not have done it, so I apologise to my teammates, the Coach and the fans.

“It was a yellow card, the decision was made, I apologise for the reaction and I take responsibility for it.

“When you play against your old club, obviously it feels different. I take responsibility, I know it mustn’t happen again, but at that moment we were losing and we are not robots. We are human beings, we have emotions.

“I got it wrong, I apologise and I hope it won’t happen again. I am a very emotional person and player, so at times it is difficult to control my sentiments. You can tell just by looking at me what mood I am in.

“I know it’s not a good example to set for children, but we are not robots. I know my reaction was wrong, but the referees also have to realise the situation we are in and be a little more understanding.

“In my case, in particular, as the Coach said, I do take things too much to heart and get too wound up. I know I have to control myself and learn to be calmer.”

Following the game, Juventus players spoke of their hope that Higuain would not be punished harshly, while some tried to hold him back on the pitch too.

“I had a great rapport with them, it was pleasing that they came and tried to hold me back, both Juve and Milan players,” Higuain continued. “They know that players have emotions and this game went wrong, above all for me, and I can only apologise.”

Juventus remain on target for eighth-successive Scudetto 

Juve are yet to be beaten in Serie A this season and sit six points clear of second-placed Napoli after 12 rounds, while Inter lie in third a further nine points back.

They have only dropped points in one game so far, a 1-1 draw with Genoa in October winning each of the other 11 fixtures. They have scored 26 goals in those games, an average of 2.16 per game and have only concded eight giving them by far the best defensive record in Serie A.

The Turin club are also on course to qualify from their Champions League group which contains Man United, Valencia and Young Boys.

However Max Allegri’s men suffered a shock defeat at home to Jose Mourinho’s Man United last week, suggesting a degree of fallibility giving some hope to Juve’s Italian rivals.

The post Gonzalo Higuain apologises for Juventus red card appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2PW8jiu

No comments:

Post a Comment