Steven Gerrard urged to bring Ashley Cole to Rangers

Ray Parlour has urged Steven Gerrard to bring former England left-back Ashley Cole to Rangers.

The 37-year-old has spent the past two years playing for LA Galaxy in MLS but was recently released following their failure to make the playoffs.

Do Rangers need Ashley Cole? Five key things to know…

  1. After winning 13 major honours in 15 years with Arsenal and Chelsea, Cole left English football to join Roma in 2014.
  2. The left-back earned 107 caps for England and moved to LA Galaxy in 2016.
  3. Cole remained in LA for two years but was recently released after the club failed to make the MLS playoffs.
  4. Gerrard already has Nikola Katic, Borna Barisic and Jon Flanagan operating in the left-back role at Rangers.
  5. But Parlour believes Cole would still have plenty to offer for Gerrard’s side.

And Parlour believes his former Arsenal teammate could be a perfect addition to Steven Gerrard’s Rangers squad, who have made a promising start to life under the Liverpool icon’s management.

“I’m sure there’ll be lots of clubs interested. Stevie G is a great shout at Rangers,” Parlour told Sky Sports (via Metro). “I don’t know who their left back is at the moment but he would be great for the dressing room area.

“He’s had a fantastic career and I think that he can do a job definitely for another season. ‘I’m not too sure about the Premier League, I’m not sure someone would take a chance on him in the Premier League, certainly the Championship.”

Cole released, but could Ibrahimovic stay at LA Galaxy?

Ashley Cole was released from LA Galaxy at the end of the MLS season, but the future of Zlatan Ibrahimovic remains unclear.

The former Sweden international scored 22 goals in 27 games upon joining the Los Angeles side, prompting reports that AC Milan could bring him back to the San Siro.

However, the 37-year-old hasn’t ruled out staying with LA Galaxy, but has insisted that the club, who missed out on the Western Conference playoffs, must be challenging for major honours in MLS if he is to remain.

(Photo by Katharine Lotze/Getty Images)

“For me to return, I want to be able to challenge for the trophy,” Ibrahimovic said (via Sky Sports).

“I’m not here for a vacation. I’m here for the challenge. I want to feel I have a chance to be the best in MLS – my team, not me, because I am the best.”

 

The post Steven Gerrard urged to bring Ashley Cole to Rangers appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2DTLXYi

No comments:

Post a Comment