Diego Simeone: I will never sign my son

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone claims that he will never sign his son Giovanni because it would be too “difficult”.

The former Argentina international has been impressed with the way his son has started the season with Fiorentina in Serie A, with the Viola starting the season with back-to-back wins including a 6-1 victory over Chievo Verona.

The Atletico boss says he thinks his son has all the ability to become a world star but feels signing him would be problematic.

“My son has everything to play under me, but I will never sign him,” Simeone told Cadena Cope on Monday night.

“Unfortunately, I’m never going to sign him for my team, I never want to totally rule the possibility out on one hand but it would be very difficult to have a son in the locker room.

“It would be difficult for him, for me, for the relationship…and besides, right now he is doing great, maybe one day I’m not at Atletico, maybe he can come.

“I’m excited to see him play for the national team, he has all the ingredients to be a success.”

Simeone also gave an interesting response when asked if he would like to manage former club Inter Milan one day: “Yes, that is my ambition for one day. But right now, my full focus is on Atletico.”

Giovanni Simeone made his Serie A debut in 2016 and has scored 29 league goals in Serie A during his time with both Genoa and Fiorentina.

Stefano Pioli’s side made the perfect start to the season against Chievo, thrashing them 6-1 before securing another three points against Udinese.

Their next match will see them travel to Naples to take on a Napoli side that are likely to provide them with their toughest challenge of the season so far.

The post Diego Simeone: I will never sign my son appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2MnHQEA

No comments:

Post a Comment