Liverpool’s competition for places can only be beneficial, says Keita

Naby Keita says the number of options Liverpool have in midfield can only be a good thing for the Merseysiders.

The midfielder, who joined Liverpool from RB Leipzig over the summer, has started in each of his side’s four Premier League games so far this season, while fellow new signing Fabinho is yet to play a single competitive minute for his new club.

Liverpool have a vast array of options in midfield, including James Milner, Jordan Henderson and Georginio Wijnaldum, all of whom have been rotated by Jurgen Klopp in the early stages of the campaign.

But despite the risk of some players being unhappy with a lack of starts, Keita believes the Reds’ vast array of midfielders will only serve the club well in their quest for silverware this season.

“Competition for places in midfield is something that can only help the team,” Keita told Liverpool’s official website.

“Obviously the coach will go ahead and make his choices and I am sure he will choose the best players at the time for each match as they come along. That way, everybody gives their best throughout the season and I think it also gets the best out of everybody.”

Keita scored 17 goals in 71 appearances across all competitions for Leipzig before swapping Germany for England over the summer.

And the Guinea international admits he is still adapting to the Premier League, which he says is a tougher division than the Bundesliga.

He said: “I think it’s fair to say that the Premier League is a tough league.

“I’m very motivated to be playing in it – it’s an attractive proposition – but I’ve been told by many people that a lot of overseas players come into the Premier League and they take time to integrate, depending on the circumstances.

“So playing in the Premier League can be difficult, but I am very motivated to play here, not just for myself and my teammates, but for the club.

“Everybody around me has been very supportive towards me so I am certainly giving everything I can to get settled into the team quickly.”

Keita will be hoping to start when Liverpool travel to Wembley to take on Tottenham this weekend.

The post Liverpool’s competition for places can only be beneficial, says Keita appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2CQol8k

No comments:

Post a Comment