Rafinha gutted by Inter snub following successful loan spell

Barcelona midfielder Rafinha has voiced his disappointment after Inter Milan chose against making his loan move permanent in the summer, but insists he is happy in Catalonia.

Rafinha scored two goals in 17 appearances for Inter while on loan at the San Siro during the second half of last season.

The Brazil international has revealed he enjoyed his time in Italy but believes Inter manager Luciano Spalletti didn’t want to sign him on a permanent deal.

“Spalletti is a great coach, but I get the feeling he didn’t want to keep me,” Rafinha told SportMediaset (via Football Italia) ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League meeting between Barcelona and Inter at Camp Nou.

“Inter remain in my heart, I thought I would stay but in the end they chose other players. I know the fans were mobilised in the summer, and they even started the hashtag #riprendirafinha [‘bring Rafinha back’].

“It was a sign of great affection that I reciprocated, I gave everything and more. I was very happy in Milan, there was an immediate and natural empathy.

“I’m still in touch with my former teammates, the medical staff and the directors, but the door is closed and I don’t think it can be re-opened. Now I’m happy at Barcelona.”

No Champions League celebration

Rafinha has also revealed he will not celebrate if he scores for Barcelona against Inter on Wednesday.

He said: “It’s a clash between two sides at the top of the group, Inter are strong and I really hope they can progress in the Champions League.

“It’s a special match for me, and of course it’ll bring huge emotions. If I play and score then I won’t celebrate as a mark of respect: the Nerazzurri are always a part of me.”

Both sides have taken maximum points from their respective Champions League games so far, beating PSV Eindhoven and Tottenham.

Rafinha came on for the final seven minutes of Barcelona’s win against Spurs at Wembley and was an unused substitute against PSV.

Lionel Messi will miss Wednesday’s clash with a fractured arm, so Rafinha may be given the opportunity to make his first European start of the season.

The post Rafinha gutted by Inter snub following successful loan spell appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2O05N5M

No comments:

Post a Comment