Why Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley has removed his tattoos

Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley has revealed that he was just 14 when he had his first inking but he is now getting his tattoos removed.

Barkley, 24, has been in sensational form this season and has enjoyed a stellar start to the campaign under Maurizio Sarri, scoring a last-gasp equaliser in the 2-2 draw with Manchester United over the weekend. 

The England international endured a calamitous spell last year as he struggled with injury problems, but he has since revitalised his career this campaign and has been an instrumental figure for both the Blues and the Three Lions.

As part of a new chapter in west London Barkley is in the process of removing his tattoos, with his full length sleeve inking – which included the date of his Everton debut – already lasered off from his left arm.

The Evertonian has confessed to having his first tattoo at just 14 despite the legal age requirement being 18, but Barkley further revealed how he managed to fool the tattoo parlous because he was a “big lad.”

Speaking to The Times, Barkley said: “I got them at a young age and sometimes when you are young you do stupid things and not think about it.

“But I went into it too quick and over the years I felt I wanted to get them removed, so I went through the process in the last couple of years.

“My first tattoo was when I was 14. I was a bit young, like. I was a big lad so they didn’t question my age at the time. I started getting them removed a couple of years ago.

“I would never rule out getting another, maybe when I have kids I might have something done to go with that. I don’t know.”

Barkley reaping rewards of Everton departure

It has been a long haul journey for Barkley to finally make a significant breakthrough, having progressed through the Everton academy with massive expectations on his shoulders.

But the attacking midfielder is now reaping the rewards of playing an expansive and aesthetically pleasing brand of football under the auspices of Sarri, and he now believes that leaving his boyhood club has been for the good of his career.

“Yes, I’d probably say so,” he said, when asked if the past two weeks had been the best of his career. “I got a couple of goals and couple of assists and played well for England. It just shows to myself that hard work does pay off in the end.”

“I believe that I am a better player now. “I’ve matured, I understand the game much more, which can be natural as you grow up. I’m 24 now and I understand the game. I am at a big club now with a lot of expectation and fantastic players around me, and my performances are showing it.

“The manager’s style is a style that I like to play. It’s perfect the way the manager likes to play, it’s exciting football.

“Every day in training you are learning, its unbelievable to be working with a manager like that.”

Barkley will have a chance to further showcase his worth when Chelsea take on BATE Borisov on Thursday in the Europa League.

The post Why Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley has removed his tattoos appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2yqR66M

No comments:

Post a Comment