Doucoure delivers verdict on PSG transfer interest

Abdoulaye Doucoure has admitted PSG are the ‘club of his heart’ but insists he is ‘happy to evolve at Watford’.

The French midfielder has become one of the Hornets’ most important players, having contributed the joint-highest assists (5) at the club in the Premier League this season.

Can Watford keep hold of Doucoure? Five key things to know…

  1. Doucoure joined Watford from Rennes in 2016 and has made 78 Premier League appearances for the club since.
  2. This season alone, the Frenchman has completed more passes (912) than any other Watford player in the Premier League.
  3. The 26-year-old’s form has led to widespread speculation that PSG are lining up a January move.
  4. Doucoure has admitted the French champions are close to his heart but insists he is happy at Watford.
  5. Only midfield partner Etienne Capoue (47) has made more tackles than Doucoure (45) for Watford this term.

Doucoure has also made the second-highest number of tackles (45) this season and this form has led to widespread speculation that PSG are lining up a January move for the 26-year-old.

But the former Rennes man has now insisted he is ‘happy to evolve at Watford’, despite admitting that PSG are a club he holds dearly.

He told French radio station, RMC: “The club of my heart is PSG. They already contacted me, but I wanted to move to England at the time.

“Hearing that such clubs are interested in you, it’s a pleasure. I think a club like PSG are looking for a lot of players, they have a lot of leads, I’m not the only one.

“I’m happy to evolve at Watford and the club trusts me.”

Watford’s next game is away to Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Doucoure eager to improve, despite unique qualities

Given his impressive stats this season, it is easy to see why a club of PSG’s stature are looking to bring Doucoure into their squad – especially given that they appear to be on the cusp of losing Adrien Rabiot to Barcelona.

However, despite admitting he is flattered by the interest from the Parc des Princes, the Frenchman feels he still has a lot more room for improvement.

“With my characteristics, it is true that there are not many players with these qualities,” he added.

“I have my qualities, I also have my faults to erase. I need to be more technical. My performances are there to be seen.

“If clubs are interested in me, it is, of course, flattering, but I’m happy with what I’m doing at Watford.”

The post Abdoulaye Doucouré responds to PSG transfer interest appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News http://bit.ly/2QA9rVa

No comments:

Post a Comment