“I’m completely in the dark” – Jose Mourinho unsure of Paul Pogba’s future

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that he is “completely in the dark” regarding the future of club midfielder Paul Pogba.

Pogba’s relationship with both the club and Mourinho himself has been a source of gossip for quite some time now, with reports suggesting the former Juventus star is eyeing up a move away from Old Trafford in the near future.

The Frenchman has had a mixed time at United, where he has provided some fantastic performances but has lacked any real consistency to be considered worth the money – £89 million – United paid for him back in 2016.

Pogba is a man full of talent, evident by his showing this summer for France at the World Cup in Russia where Les Bleus clinched their first World Cup in 20 years.

However, that hasn’t improved the relationship between Pogba and his domestic side, which has even left club boss Mourinho unsure of where the midfielder’s future lies.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Mourinho said: “In this moment I’m completely in the dark.

“The only thing that is clear for me is that the player never, never in all these days we are together, told me he wants to leave.

“Paul came back after the World Cup in the week before the start of the Premier League so we have been together for about two months or so and he has never told me that he wants to leave.

“So I can only comment on what is real for me, not in what I read, not in what I listen to. I have no direct relation with the people that write or the people I listen to.

“I have a direct relation with the players and he never told me he wants to leave. If he doesn’t tell me he wants to leave it’s because he wants to stay – that’s my conclusion.”

Manchester United defeated Watford 2-1 on Saturday thanks to goals from Romelu Lukaku and Chris Smalling, winning their second game in a row.

The Reds Devils open their Champions League group campaign against Young Boys on Wednesday night.

The post “I’m completely in the dark” – Jose Mourinho unsure of Paul Pogba’s future appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2OyFYdS

No comments:

Post a Comment