Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen: Right now, this doesn’t look like a good season for me

Chelsea defender Andrea Christensen has revealed he is finding it hard at Chelsea after slipping down the pecking order.

The Danish international has admitted that he is considering his future after being left out of the squad in the Premier League this season.

The 22-year-old made 40 appearances for the west London club in 2017-18 in what was considered a break out year. His efforts earned him Chelsea’s Young Player of the Year Award as he looked set to have a bright future at Stamford Bridge.

But with a change in the dugout over the summer the Dane has slipped down the pecking order with new boss Maurizio Sarri favouring different personnel and systems to Antonio Conte.

This has meant Christensen has seen no action in the Premier League yet this season, a fact which he is understandably unhappy about.

“Right now, it’s not a good season for me, but I have to find some way to get back on. How? I do not know, but it’s up to me to figure that out,” told Danish publication BT.

“But right now it looks hard. We have good results and we play super football, which only makes it harder. It’s hard for me personally, but for the team it looks great.”

This is not the first time that the Dane has been on the periphery at Stamford Bridge with two seasons spent out on loan with Bundesliga outfit Borussia Monchengladbach.

Another loan move could be on the cards for the defender in January which, he admits, would leave him with a big decision to make about his future.

“I cannot show so much patience again. I’m 22 years old and I really want to play,” he added

“In the last three seasons I’ve played a big role for the teams I have been with, so it’s clear that I cannot see myself staying if my current situation continues in the future.

“It’s too early to talk about change for now, and when that might happen, but it’s clear that this is not a good situation for me.”

It is likely that the 22-year-old, who spent the summer playing for Denmark at the World Cup, would have many suitors should he decide his future lies away from Stamford Bridge.

The post Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen: Right now, this doesn’t look like a good season for me appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2NuXq1T

No comments:

Post a Comment