Marcelo convinced me to join Real Madrid – Vinicius Junior

Real Madrid newcomer Vinicius Junior has revealed how Brazilian compatriot Marcelo convinced him to join the club.

Vinicius became the world’s most expensive under-19 player after Real signed him for €46m in May 2017, but the Brazilian teenager was only officially announced as a Los Blancos player last week following his 18th birthday.

There is a strong Brazilian contingency in La Liga, but Junior has revealed how Marcelo persuaded him to join the hallowed Bernabeu turf, and that he would help the talented tyro settle in.

“Marcelo always told me that I’d like playing here,” he told Real Madrid TV (via Football Espana). “He told me I’d want to play here for many years, I’d never want to leave a wonderful team like Real Madrid and that he’d help with me with whatever I needed.

“Speaking of trophies, if I won half of what Marcelo has, that’d be great. I play cheerful and daring football, the style played in Brazil, with a lot of dribbling but while respecting the other team and with the objective of scoring lots of goals and always helping my team.”

A product of Flamengo’s revered academy, Vinicius made his debut for the Scarlet-Black in a 1–1 draw against Atletico Mineiro in May 2017, and just a week later he would sign for European heavyweights Real Madrid.

Since then, the fledgeling forward has made 69 appearances and scored 14 goals during his two senior seasons in Brazil’s Serie A, while he also has an impressive 17 goals in 19 appearances for Brazil’s U17 side.

He was voted as the best player during Brazil’s triumph in the U-17 South American Championship last year, and he originally agreed to join Los Blancos after playing just 17 minutes of first-team football.

The post Marcelo convinced me to join Real Madrid – Vinicius Junior appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2uONIAF

No comments:

Post a Comment