Mohamed Elyounoussi: It’s almost creepy how Southampton “stalked” me

Mohamed Elyounoussi says he can trust Southampton after the south-coast side pursued the forward for six years. 

The Saints have been tracking the progress of the 23-year-old since he emerged on the scene with Norwegian club Sarpsborg 08.

Mark Hughes finally brought Elyounoussi to the club in June from Basel for £16 million and the Norway international is due to make his second appearance for the club as they take on Dijon on the final leg of their pre-season tour in France.

Elyounoussi joked that the Saints’ long pursuit of his services has been akin to stalking, but says he feels encouraged to have been followed for so long.

“It’s good because they’ve been keeping an eye on me since 2012,” the attacking midfielder told the Southern Daily Echo.

“It’s been a long time and that makes me confident that I can trust the club and come here and be myself because the only thing they are expecting from me is to do the same in Basel; to play my game and to try to create chances.”

“It’s almost a little bit creepy that they’ve been stalking me for so long, but that means a lot that they’ve been tracking me like that,” he said with a smile.

“They know my qualities and now I’m here to get better as a footballer. I’m really sure that I’m going to do it here.”

Southampton kick off their Premier League campaign against Burnley at Saint Mary’s Stadium on 12 August, who they haven’t beaten in their last three meetings in the league

The post Mohamed Elyounoussi: It’s almost creepy how Southampton “stalked” me appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2vfvBDB

No comments:

Post a Comment