Diogo Dalot: Man Utd move has been amazing

New Manchester United full-back Diogo Dalot has described his move as “amazing” ahead of United’s final clash in the International Champions Cup.

Dalot, 19, arrived at Old Trafford from Porto for a reported £19m where he made eight appearances last season.

The Portuguese youngster will face heavy competition when breaking into United’s starting XI as his right-back position is occupied by club captain Antonio Valencia, who is currently out injured but has made the position his own since migrating back from the right-wing.

Dalot is also currently out injured and will be cheering on his team-mates when they take on European champions Real Madrid in the last game of their tour of the United States.

“It’s amazing. The team-mates have received me very well and I’m so thankful for that,” Dalot told MUTV. “It’s very good to be here. It’s a first experience for me, but I am ready for it.

“I am trying to recover well [from my injury]. Hopefully I’m ready to know them better. They are a great team.

“I hope to be a better player and a better man, to grow up and win,” he added. “I just want to help the club and my team-mates.

“Hopefully in 12 months, [I can] get better things like I have in the past.”

Dalot will be watching the game from the sidelines at Miami Gardens, but he is confident his side is well prepared to finish their tour on a high note.

“It’s going to be a tough game,” he noted. “They have great players for sure but we’ll be ready for them. We are preparing and we will hope we can finish the tour with a win.”

United play one more friendly against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena, before they open their Premier League account against Leicester City at Old Trafford on August 10.

The post Diogo Dalot: Man Utd move has been amazing appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2LHq97i

No comments:

Post a Comment