Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah reveals the latest on his shoulder injury

Mohamed Salah has declared himself as fully fit as he looks forward to the new Premier League season with Liverpool.

He scored 44 goals across all competitions in an incredible first season on Merseyside, but the 26-year-old Egyptian suffered the heartbreak of coming off early in Liverpool’s Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid after a challenge from Sergio Ramos injured his shoulder.

This injury also hampered Salah’s ability to impose himself on the World Cup in Russia this summer; Egypt exited the competition in the group stages without picking up a single point.

But Salah has said he is now fully over the injury and ready to help the squad next season.

The PFA Player of the Year told Liverpool TV: “I am very happy to be back. I feel good and my shoulder is much better. I’m very happy to be back in the squad.

“Last year I had a great season – everyone, not just me. When people talk about myself, yes there is some pressure because it was a record [most goals in a 38-game Premier League season].

“We also have to improve [again] in the Champions League and finish in a better position in the Premier League.

“But it’s not something I worry about, I just keep doing what I am doing. I am happy about what I am doing, so I just keep doing the same.”

Salah played the first half of Liverpool’s 4-1 friendly victory over Manchester United on Saturday, winning the penalty for the opener, before being replaced by new signing Xherdan Shaqiri, who scored an overhead kick.

The post Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah reveals the latest on his shoulder injury appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2OsjwUr

No comments:

Post a Comment