Gonzalo Higuain: Leonardo convinced me to join AC Milan

Gonzalo Higuain says he was convinced to join AC Milan after speaking with sporting director Leonardo.

The 30-year-old Argentine marksman is set to complete a sensational move from Milan’s rivals Juventus on loan though it could become permanent next summer.

His acquisition is one of the first made by former player-turned-coach Leonardo since returning as Milan’s director of football and his presence was a huge factor in Higuain becoming a Rossonero.

“First I’ll sign and then I’ll talk. I’ll have my medical tomorrow and then I hope to sign,” he told reporters (via Football Italia) after checking into the Westin Palace hotel on Wednesday evening ahead of his Thursday morning medical.

“I’m starting a new adventure. I wish to greet all the [Milan] fans and also the Juventus ones who gave me so much love.

“Leonardo convinced me. I’ve already talked to Gattuso. I’m here to go as far as possible.”

Pipita in Italy

Since joining the Italian top-division in 2013 from Real Madrid, Higuain has gone on to register 111 goals across 177 appearances for Napoli (71 goals in 104 games) and Juventus (40 goals in 73 games) combined.

Higuain’s efforts during the 2015/16 season, his final with Napoli, saw him bag 36 goals in 35 matches which saw the Brest-born footballer create a piece of history.

Not since the 1928/29 campaign had any Serie A player scored as much with Higuain equalling Torino forward Gino Rossetti’s record.

His final season for Juve saw him bag 16 goals across 35 league outings well short of the 29 his compatriot Mauro Icardi registered for Inter Milan.

The post Gonzalo Higuain: Leonardo convinced me to join AC Milan appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2OCIL6B

No comments:

Post a Comment