Alisson defends “calculated” style of play after cheeky dink vs Brighton

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson says he does not, in any way, mean to make fun of his rivals with his confident style of play.

Hearts were in the mouths of numerous Liverpool fans last Saturday when Alisson calmly chipped the ball over Anthony Knockaert’s head in the Reds’ 1-0 win over Brighton.

Much was made of Alisson’s £75m arrival from the Italian capital in the summer, and the former Roma man says he has settled in perfectly to life at Anfield.

In an interview with ESPN Brasil, Alisson said: “I have fitted perfectly in the team and in the team’s style of play.

“[Liverpool] like [the goalkeeper] to participate in the offensive phase and in shaping the game from the back.

“It gives me a lot of confidence to play with my feet and I have to be focused for 90 minutes. It has similar characteristics to the [Brazil national team].

“In Rome I was already trying to help in shaping the game but the style was a little bit different to what we do at Liverpool.

“I am very happy to be in this great club, with players of great quality and within the pitch they are showing a lot of confidence in me. I feel confident to do that here.

“It is already calculated. I take risks. Fans with heart problems have to be careful! But on the pitch, as I said before, I do not try to make of fun of a rival. It’s not to show that I can do this or that, but to help the team. It is to achieve targets.”

Jurgen Klopp’s influence

Alisson has also commented on his new manager Jurgen Klopp and explained the discussion that took place between the pair before the Brazilian completed his move to Anfield.

His start to life at Liverpool could not have gone any better, with the Reds winning their first three Premier League matches without conceding a single goal.

He added: “[Klopp] is a person who gives himself 100 percent to what he is doing. The chat I had with him is one of the things that left me more calm.

“He showed his interest in having me, not only the club’s interest but also his. It was a long interview despite my staggered English, but we understood each other well.

“He told me about how he works, how I would fit into the squad, how I also could grow personally here. He told me a little bit about the project – a project with a winning mindset.

“Now that I am inside I am aware that everything he told me is a reality. It is a club that treats you like a family, even the fans. They are very warm; they are famous for it around the whole world. It is a very big club.”

Liverpool will be looking to stretch their unbeaten start to the Premier League when they lock horns with Leicester City this Saturday.

The post Alisson defends “calculated” style of play after cheeky dink vs Brighton appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2LL9fjG

No comments:

Post a Comment