Thomas Lemar not feeling the pressure despite record Atletico price tag

Atletico Madrid new-boy Thomas Lemar has said that is confident that he can repay the price-tag the club paid for him, as long as he does his work on the pitch.

Lemar signed for Los Rojiblancos in a club-record £63m for Monaco this summer and, speaking to Marca, he said that he isn’t worrying too much about the burden that fee carries.

He told MARCA: “I don’t feel pressure, because I tell myself that they are figures for the clubs. I have nothing to do with this. I only have to do my work on the pitch and everything will go well… at least I hope.”

Lemar was in the French squad that won the World Cup in Russia this summer, with the 13-time international admitting he knew about Atletico’s interest way in advance of the tournament.

He added: “My agents made me aware but I was more focused on my football for Monaco and the national team. After, everything away from the pitch I left to them. All I worry about is what I do on the pitch.”

TALLINN, ESTONIA – AUGUST 14: Antoine Griezmann of Atletico Madrid looks on with his team mate Thomas Lemar (L) during a training session ahead of the UEFA Super Cup match against Real Madrid CF at Lillekuela Stadium on August 14, 2018 in Tallinn, Estonia. (Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)

And the midfielder also pointed to compatriots Antoine Griezmann and Lucas Hernandez as being a key influence in his decision to move to the Europa League winners, saying: “Although it was a personal choice, it’s clear that after chatting to Antoine and also Lucas Hernandez, who told me a lot about the club, deciding to come here was very good to progress in my career, so I did.”

Following their European Super Cup win over rivals Real Madrid, Atletico have made an unbeaten start to the new La Liga in their opening two games and face Celta Vigo away on Saturday.

The post Thomas Lemar not feeling the pressure despite record Atletico price tag appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2PkpA0T

No comments:

Post a Comment