Cristiano Ronaldo proves he’s human after admitting goal-drought anxiety

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted his mini goal-drought made him ‘a bit anxious’ after opening his account for Juventus.

The former Real Madrid star has revealed he is human after all by admitting his three-game goal drought at the start of this season was beginning to worry him.

However, the Portuguese star was back at his best against Sassuolo this weekend, grabbing both goals as the Italian champions continued their perfect start to the season with a 2-1 victory over the Neroverdi.

Ronaldo opened his account with a simple tap in and then added a second with a well taken left-footed effort into the corner.

Ronaldo admitted he was relieved to open his account after making the reported £105m move from Real Madrid this summer.

“I’m very happy, we started well,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“Sassuolo defended well, but we put in an intense performance and deserved to win.

“I really wanted to score these first goals and I’m happy to have found the net. This is football. The important thing is that the team win.

“Obviously, I was a bit anxious with all the talk after my move from Real Madrid and not scoring, so there were a lot of expectations, but I thank my teammates for supporting me throughout.

“I knew I was working well and that it was only a matter of time. I am adapting well to Italian football.

“The Champions League is my favourite tournament. It’s a very difficult group, we know that we can do well and Juve must focus on being the best.”

Juventus find themselves in a group with Manchester United, Valencia and Young Boys in the Champions League, which kicks off on Tuesday evening.

Ronaldo will be hoping to continue his fine record in the competition, with the Bianconeri keen to transfer their domestic dominance into Europe.

The Turin club have won the Scudetto for seven consecutive seasons and are hot favourites to make it a straight eight after adding the quality of Ronaldo to a squad already replete with talent.

They take on Valencia in their first Champions League game of the season on Wednesday following four consecutive victories in Serie A.

The post Cristiano Ronaldo proves he’s human after admitting goal-drought anxiety appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2D62slh

No comments:

Post a Comment